Aller au contenu
Forums Tennis-Classim
jace112

Gamme Wilson K-Factor

Apparemment :

K-6.1 Tour supposé être la réplique exacte de celle de FedEx (90 in² et plus souple) :D

3 versions de K-6.1 95 :

16 x 18

18 x 20

16 x 18 95 xl

K-6.1 95 Team avec un 16 x 18 plus légère

(info TT)

Modifié par jace112

Apparemment :

K-6.1 Tour supposé être la réplique exacte de celle de FedEx (90 in² et plus souple) :D

3 versions de K-6.1 95 :

16 x 18

18 x 20

16 x 18 95 xl

(info TT)

ça sort quand pour le grand public?

On prend la gamme actuelle et on repeint... C'est bien çà?

Bon c'est du lourd en provenance des US :D

Finalement pas mal (je n'aimais pas le drapeau suisse sur les anciennes...)

kfactor2.jpg

kfactor.jpg

2q3ytt5.jpg

49kyr9f.jpg

2samipg.jpg

359l6xh.jpg

2jbwtv7.jpg

2s9t6s5.jpg

2eg5vdy.jpg

Enorme tes photos!!! bravo!

Modifié par steph71

Elle est plus proche cosmétiquement du vrai modele de Fed, non ? Encore un trompe l'oeil, mais cette fois ci, qui sera capable de dire réellement que Federer ne joue pas avec ce modele (pour les non initiés j'entends bien) ?

Enorme tes photos!!! bravo!

je me suis permis d'editer ^_^

faut penser a ceux qui n'ont pas de connexions de fou ;)

je me suis permis d'editer ^_^

faut penser a ceux qui n'ont pas de connexions de fou ;)

tu as raison, mais ça me saoulait un peu de faire des vignettes, dsl !

Le test en anglais issu de TT : :)

THE PLAYERS: I met up w/ Tim this morning at 0730. You remember Tim, right? He's one of my regular hitting partners and a very fine player. He was once ranked #1 in our state in the 30's, and ten years later is still one heck of a tennis player. 5.5 for sure, 6.0 when he's on. He's a teaching pro and all around great guy. Just to add a comedic flavor to the proceedings, Tim continues to use his long-time favorite frame, the Wilson HH 4.3 MP. Yes, it's a granny stick, weighing in at a fly-swatter-like 8.9 oz, but he loves it and can knock the fuzz offthe bal with it in hand. I am 44yo, 6'2", 180# and pretty darned fit. I play an aggressive all court game, and look to get to net every chance possible. I'm a 5.0-5.5 level player with a big serve and good volleys who can move reasonably well given my age and size, so I play 'D' a bit too. I used the PS 6.0 85 for more than twenty years before falling into racquet purgatory a few years back. I played the n90 as my main frame the past two years, changed to the i Prestige mid this summer, and am currently back 'on the hunt' for something a bit less stiff after experiencing my fist signs of shoulder/elbow tenderness in many, many years while hitting the i Prestige (though in all fairness, I've been playing 5-7 days per week since March of this year)

THE CONDITIONS: The playtest was held indoors on medium speed hard courts. I am very familiar with this environment, since it is where I play most of my tennis between November and late March. The courts are extremely well maintained, w/ excellent lighting. It was pretty cold this morning, so I was careful to hit the bike and warm up/stretch properly before beginning to hit. We also took our time in the warm up. I didn't want your report tainted by cold muscles on my part!

THE WORK OUT: We agreed to conduct what we call a 'Rod Laver' in hopes of allowing me to give you the best insights possible concerning the frames. This drill consitutes a very focused hitting session where we go from FH crosses to BH crosses to FH DTL, then BH DTL. Then one player (me today) comes to net and takes volleys in a 'random' pattern with interspersed overheads. The goal for me at net is to hit FIRM, deep volleys back to Tim, who in turn does not try to pass me, but makes me WORK. It is a great drill to improve both your racquet work and in/out as well as side to side movement at net. If you haven't ever tried it, you should! Next comes serves and returns, then point play. It is said that this series was one of Laver's favorite work-outs, and thus the name.

THE FRAME: You saw itast night in great detail, and I gave you the specs of the actual one I played this morning:

K90 12.5 oz strung, 8pts HL, Wilson NXT 16 at 55# (per my string tension meter).

I also brought along the n90, Tour 90, and PS 6.0 85 for quick comparisons.

I do not particulary care for the paint job, but the QUALITY of the fit and finish is very good. Please note that these frames are also Volkl/Fischer-like in their SPOT on specs (ie they are identical to the published specs)

I did not use an overgrip or dampener.

THE EXPERIENCE: From the first ball struck, it was apparent to me that the K90 would play differently from the n90, and differently in a way that I found more appealing. We went through a 15 min 'short court' warm up and I literally didn't miss a ball, such was the incredible feedback and 'feel' that this frame provided. Let me give you details first, then a summary.

FH: Hitting forehands with the K90 was a real pleasure. I was immediately grooved and found myself timing the swing and moving into the shot with ease. It was like I had an old friend (the PS 6.0 85, perhaps!?) back in hand. In fact, Tim commented that our VERY FIRST cross-court forehand ralley went more than 40 balls before HE missed. I was not swinging for the fences (as I sometimes felt I had to do with the n90) but still managing to create great depth with lots of spin and pace. I was FORCING ERRORS from Tim on the exchanges (not easy to do, I assure you). There was a sense of certainty or control over direction and height (which in turn translates to depth) with this frame one rarely discovers. The one Achilles heel in using the frame (for me) were low, short balls, where I found it a bit difficult to 'whip' the racquet head quickly enough to spin them high over the net and turn them into deep approach shots. Aside for that, I was shocked at how I well I hit the FH given that this was my first time out with this frame.

BH: The experience with the BH groundstroke when using the K90 was very similiar to the FH. Early prep is key, but get yourself in position, load, and explode!! I was nailing cross court 1HBH's and changing direction to go down the line on short balls inside the court at will. I was reminded of my initial impressions of the n90-both of these frames offer a unique blend of power (indeed suprising amounts of power when struck well) and control. The control comes from an uncanny directional accuracy and the ability to spin the ball (assuming one can generate adequate racquet head speed w/a 12.5oz frame). My 1HBH slice approaches were deep and low, making for some easy put aways once at net. Again, I think the 1HBH slice is where many lighter frames let me down, and it is an important shot to my game, as I look to get to the net to end the point whenever possible.

Volleys: As good as the K90 was at the baseline, I found it even better at net. It combines mobility, a firm head, and great 'feel' with adequate heft to allow stability against even very aggressively struck passes. I will make a bold statement: this is the best frame at net I have used in VERY long time, and may make converts out of some of you die-hard PS 6.0 85 users!! Never, you say??!? Well, don't be too sure. The K90 blends that uncanny 'raw' feel of the PS 6.0 85 with a slightly larger, more forgiving, but EQUALLY STABLE experience at net.

Specialty Shots: During point play I did have the opportunity to try a couple of half volleys and other 'pick ups' at net or in transition, and found the K 90 very similiar to its predecessors in this area, though it may offer a bit more feel than the n90 or Tour 90. With so little data, since our time together was short, I am hesitant to draw any firm conclusions. However what I experienced was very promising. Certainly nothing to indicate that this area is a weakness.

Serves/Overheads: All of this series of frames, from the PS 6.0 85 forward to the n90 have been, in my experience, some of the best serving sticks ever made. The K90 is no exception. I will be honest and tell you that I served noticeably better with the 6.0 85 in comparison with the K90 today WHEN IT CAME TO SHEER PACE, but recall my familiarity with the older Pro Staff. Further, my recent experience in speaking too quickly concerning the serving prowess of the Volkl DNX 9 (I was rather quick to conclude it did not serve too well, but ultimately, I was able to learn to smack the serve with it) makes me want to reserve judgement. I can tell you that when it comes to spin, 'feel', and placement of the serve, I was VERY impressed. If this is indeed Fed's frame, it helps me to understand how he is able to make the variety and placement on the serve such a weapon, forgoing ULTIMATE pace for the former (not that he can't bring heat, but he doesn't RELY PRIMARILY on the fast-ball). Kick serves jumped shoulder high with this thing.

INITIAL CONCLUSIONS: As you know I have been immersed in a search for something to replace my n90's, which I had become convinced were too demanding for my aging body. In the course of that search I've been hitting with a number of MP player's frames that are a bit lighter. What the K90 taught me this morning is that when I migrated to the 11.5-11.8 oz MP's I was in effect making a trade off between a faster swingspeed and more spin at the expense of the ability to just smoothly stroke through the ball with a low to high motion and thereby create lots of depth and 'heavniness'. I am not saying that one is better than the other-they are just different. I, like you, will have to ultimately decide which better serves my unique needs.

I suspect many of you are going to absolutely LOVE this frame. It is a true all court player's racquet that just exudes feel. It is FIRM, but NOT stiff. The ever so slightly larger 90si headsize gives it more zip off the ground than the PS 6.0 85 and at the same time makes it more forgiving at the net. It offers a 'cushiohd feel' and thanks (perhaps) to it's more 'open-in-the-middle' string pattern access to incredibly easy to generate spin. Serves, overheads, and returns are fantastic, especially if one relies more on spin/placement than sheer power (hey, Fed does and it works for him). It has a fugly paintjob, but once you've swung it, I think you'll quickly forget about that (minor) problem.

I favor it over the n90 for it's more comfortable ride without a loss of 'rawness' in terms of feedback about the ball on the strings. In many ways, it blends the most beloved characteristics of the PS 6.0 85 (feel, superb directional control) with some of the coveted qualities of the n90 (more power and a somewhat 'forgiving' character).

Go the next page for the final words (post too long!!)

et la nouvelle K factor tour sera vendu 220euros ( merci pour l'augmentation de 20euros )

Apparemment :

3 versions de K-6.1 95 :

16 x 18

18 x 20

16 x 18 95 xl

(info TT)

Je viens d'aller voir La Ksix one tour 90 elle est super belle très lourde mais la beauté se met en valeur grace a sa belle couleur et a son tamis tout rond!!! :wub: :wub: En plus le grip d'origine est en cuir et orangé je l'adore , mais si je dois en emprunter une ca sera la team qui est moins belle cer les couleurs sont plus fades et le tamis plus ovale!!!! :)

Voila je vous ais fait part de mes impressions!!!!

N'oubliez pas que je l'ai touché en avant première :P:P:P

Modifié par nadalj

c 'est vrai que cela fait mal au portefeuille car sur www.tennisplanet.com elle est a 227 euros......

c 'est vrai que cela fait mal au portefeuille car sur www.tennisplanet.com elle est a 227 euros......

bon je vien de tester la team et ben aucune différence par rapport a l 'ancienne version

bon je vien de tester la team et ben aucune différence par rapport a l 'ancienne version

ah si elle est plus belle

Regardez à quoi ils auront droit au Japon ICI

C'est vraiment la classe une housse pareille! :w00t:

Regardez à quoi ils auront droit au Japon ICI

C'est vraiment la classe une housse pareille! :w00t:

MDR on aura peut etre la même chose :w00t::w00t:

La bleue va vraiment sortir :w00t: ??

La bleue va vraiment sortir :w00t: ??

Oui, avec son grip révolutionnaire ultra grippant :whistling:

Petit jeu : d'après vous c'est quoi le modèle d'origine pour la bleu ?

Oui, avec son grip révolutionnaire ultra grippant :whistling:

Petit jeu : d'après vous c'est quoi le modèle d'origine pour la bleu ?

une pure drive ?? :D

(en tout ca, ca y ressemble d'ext, c quoi les carac ?)

Je suis pas très fut fut mais c'est un paintjob la bleu c'est ça :D :D :D

ben dites donc ça fait longtemps qu'on a pas vu des notes pareilles

Y en a des presque pareilles pour la Head Radical "réédition" Agassi, qui a pourtant du mal à trouver un public.

Peut-être que la K factor sera néanmoins exceptionnelle, même si les points de comparaison ramènent toujours à la fameuse "Original"

Je l'ai vu tout à l'heure au Décathlon Wagram, elle est super sympa esthétiquement parlant! Surtout la Tour avec son grip en cuir! :rolleyes:

elles seront livrées avec le gros testicule rose de la photo ? :D

Modifié par steph71